Multi-grain Dosa | Multi-grain Cheela | Multi-grain Adai

I always ensure that I have a wholesome breakfast everyday. After all, healthy and tasty breakfast keeps me happy and energetic throughout the day. Hence, I tried a new recipe in dosa version (I would die for dosas 😛) — no rice dosa! I included all the legumes and a millet of my choice to make this nutritious dosa. This dosa/ cheela/ adai is filled with protein and fiber required for the whole day. This is an instant dosa that requires no fermentation and can be made in minutes. Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
Finger millet or any type of millet - 1/2 cup
Chickpeas/ Kala chana - 1 tbsp
Garbanzo beans/ Kabuli chana - 2 tbsp
Green gram/ Green moong dal - 2 tbsp
Black-eyed peas/ Lobiya - 2 tbsp
Red kidney beans/ Rajma - 2 tbsp
Black Whole Urad dal - 2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 3
Red chillies - 2
Ginger - a small piece
Salt - as per taste
Water - for grinding 

Method:
Soak all the legumes and millet together overnight or at least for 10 hours.

Add ginger, green chillies & red chillies in a mixer grinder and grind for few seconds. Once they are semi-ground, add the soaked items little by little and grind to a coarse dosa batter. Add salt and mix well.

The consistency should be like adai batter. This batter need not be fermented.
Heat a tawa, drizzle some oil, pour a ladle of multi-grain dosa batter and make dosa. Drizzle some oil over it.

Now flip the dosai to the other side; ensure both the sides are cooked well. Remove dosa from the tawa.

Serve 'hot n crispy' healthier dosa with your favorite chutney-sambar of your choice.

Note:
I have added turmeric powder (1/4 tsp) and kashmere red chilli powder (1/4 tsp) for nice color. This is purely optional.

Comments

  1. Very interesting blog. I would definitely recommend this to my family and friends. I have been using Multigrain Dosa Mix from True Elements - a clean label food brand Multigrain Dosa Mix as a breakfast option and they are really tasty and healthy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment